Auto Insurance Information
If you own an automobile, auto insurance is essential. Cars are susceptible to various unforeseen accidents while out on the road and parked. Having an auto insurance policy can protect you from paying hefty out-of-pocket expenses following an incident such as a collision or vandalism.
What Is Auto Insurance?
Auto insurance is an agreement between you and your insurer in which you are given financial help following an accident in exchange for paying your insurer a premium (usually done monthly). Accidents in which your insurer might step in to assist you include collisions, injuries and vandalism. You may owe for expenses up to your deductible amount, depending on the type of accident and the type of coverage you have.
What Does Auto Insurance Cover?
Auto insurance policies vary among car owners. However, a general auto insurance policy might contain the following:
- Liability insurance helps insure you against claims arising from damage or injuries you cause to others if you are at fault in a wreck.
- Bodily injury liability coverage helps cover their medical bills (and in some cases, death).
- Property damage liability helps pay for damage to the other driver’s property, such as their vehicle.
- Collision insurance helps cover damage to your vehicle after a wreck.
- Comprehensive insurance helps pay for non-accident mishaps, such as weather damage.
- Medical coverage helps pay for your medical bills and those of your passengers.
- Uninsured/underinsured insurance helps insure you against damage caused by someone else who doesn’t have adequate liability coverage.
Essential coverage depends on various factors, such as car model and location. Contact our agency to learn more about potential coverages to include in your policy.
If you are a car owner and live near Marinette, Wisconsin, we can assist you. The agents at Marinette Insurance and Financial Services are determined to help you educate yourself on auto insurance coverage options so you can decide on a policy for you and your car.
Learn more about policy options by contacting one of our agents today at 715-735-7425.
At Marinette Insurance and Financial Services, LLC, we’re proud to offer auto insurance in Marinette, Menominee, Peshtigo, Stephenson, Crivitz, and Oconto, WI. We’re licensed to serve a selection of states, including Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Minnesota, and Florida.